"Haircut One" - Erin Case & Andrew Tamlyn, 2012. Digital collage.
Through the exclusion of facial features, which generally define the assumptions people make of you, Case sends the message that your very being is defined by who you are and the experiences that you have undergone. Your skin, and the qualities you should be judged by are the lands of this earth you have walked upon, and what you have seen. Rather than your appearance, who you are as a person should be the key to your aesthetical beauty.
Similarly, the hair and the clothing have been kept, however your attention falls to the scenery dominating the work. This implies that regardless of these elements, it is your personality that defines you, nothing else.
This piece differs from Case’s usual work as it is digitally created, whereas normally she creates the collages by hand. However, the digital imaging allows for seamless insertion of the landscape and adds a surreal element.
~ Iryna. For more content follow me on tumblr, wordpress or twitter: onelovart.wordpress.com https://twitter.com/onelovart
18 Notes/ Hide
- leakalinowsky likes this
- cla123456789 likes this
- vaniaitavares reblogged this from zc135
- letsflinstone likes this
- sierp1994 likes this
- lalalovey likes this
- zc135 reblogged this from onelovart
- 1millioncatsandshelovesevery1 reblogged this from ineffableerin
- fantoneshirts likes this
- rachelstoks likes this
- eleganceviacosmos reblogged this from jen-sanders
- jen-sanders reblogged this from ineffableerin
- sophiarasmea reblogged this from ineffableerin
- 1millioncatsandshelovesevery1 likes this
- ineffableerin reblogged this from onelovart
- ineffableerin likes this
- prettyteethpearlywhite reblogged this from onelovart
- somewhereinthesunshine reblogged this from onelovart
- onelovart posted this